of 2

/balance of other players

18 replies
Votes:
Legend
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Why is it that when you do /balance (player's name), it just shows you your balance? Sometimes a player says I need 5k to rank up and I think they're lying, so I would like to check their balance.
Posted Dec 31, 13 · OP
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
I think this is a great idea. I don't see how this could be abused, and it would allow sellers to confirm that a prospective buyer actually has the money they claim to have. We can already do this to an extent with /baltop; it would be nice to see it streamlined through the /bal function.
Posted Jan 7, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+118
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Citizen
Elite
V³ Citizen
To be honest u. Can find them on Baltop pages takes ages but i dont really think it's needed also even if they didn't need 5k to rank up it would against the rules to give them the money so it doesn't matter if he needs it or not
Posted Jan 8, 14 · Last edited Jan 8, 14 by Gemmaharri...
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
Checking the /bal of another player seems to be a function built in to the /bal command. Is it just a matter of reactivating it?
Posted Jan 8, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
Legend
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Yeah because ive been on other servers with that working.
Posted Jan 8, 14 · OP
Votes:
Citizen
V³ Citizen
This should be an orginal function, Why isn't it already implemented?
Posted Jan 8, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Since you shouldn't make decisions based on their balance? Give me some valid examples, keeping in mind that stuff like giving people money 'for nothing' to rank is against server rules?
Posted Jan 8, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
Since you shouldn't make decisions based on their balance? Give me some valid examples, keeping in mind that stuff like giving people money 'for nothing' to rank is against server rules?
Someone ranked Expert or Pro wants to buy a rm pickaxe.
You make it for him/her only to find out he/her doesn't have enough $ to buy it.
Now you are stuck with extra rm pick because the damn thing won't even condense, and you can't sell under /value.

For me personally this has happened about 3 or 4 times.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Jan 8, 14 · Last edited Jan 8, 14 by Alupark
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
wrote:

Player A commissions some work from Player B. The two negotiate the cost, and Player A reasonably demands that the work be done before payment is delivered. Player B agrees and completes the work, only to find that Player A does not have the funds to pay him/her. Staff time is wasted in the arbitration of the dispute that results.
Posted Jan 10, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
If we could see other players balances we wouldn't waste our time building stuff that they can't buy and we wouldn't waste staffs time trying to get paid for work we have done.
It is obvious that a starter doesn't have enough $ to buy a full set of gem armor, but an Pro might have.
You build him the armor and he doesn't have the money.
So you just wasted emc for nothing because you didn't know he doesn't have the money for it.
P.S. Yes I know there is /baltop command
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Jan 10, 14 · Last edited Jan 10, 14 by Alupark
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices