+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I don't think this should be done, player's money is a private thing - just like it is irl :)
Posted Feb 1, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I know that /bal is personal, but it is annoying to build someone something only to find out that he (she) doesn't have $ for it.
Wasted time & wasted emc.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Feb 2, 14
jwagner27
Votes:
Gamer
Tekkit³ Supporter
Warrior
V³ Citizen
It can be good when you are trading things to know that the person actually has the money he says he's going to pay you. There are good and bad sides :)
Posted Feb 2, 14
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
wrote:
I don't think this should be done, player's money is a private thing - just like it is irl :)

Agreed, the average joe shmo doesn't need to know the income of another. In personal and real life situations it can be a hindrance at times.
But this isn't a real life situation, THIS IS PLAY MONEY. Who the heck cares about how much or how little someone has in play money? If I am looking up the balance of some random player so what? Another thing is if you really wanted someone to never know the balance of another, you would remove the /baltop command altogether.

If you are looking for "realism" you will find that when companies build factories/buildings irl there are TONS of legal processes for the handling of money. Two major criteria that are determined in major a transaction like this include 1, how much the company has or is worth currently and 2, the company's faithfulness to come through with the funds. These two criteria alone are asked and thought out every day by players on the tekkitcubed server.

My point is that the implementation of a /bal <name> command is actually more "realistic" and useful on tekkitcubed than one might think. ;)
I fully support this motion of the /bal <name> command.
CdogNerfinator's Forum Rules:
#1 All posts must have at least one emoticon
#2 When revising a post use the "Edit" feature
#3 Punctuate all sentences
#4 Obey all CdogNerfinator's rules
Posted Feb 4, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Thowee you say that a players money is private, How ever we have a command /baltop 10, this shows the richest players, it's the same thing, just seeing someones money directly would be easier.
Have an Ice Day!

26.jpg

Posted Feb 4, 14
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Well it seems a lot of players have strong feelings over implementing this. So we will try it out, it is now live.

We reserve the right to change our mind! If anyone is against this change, post here.
Posted Feb 4, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
Baltop tells everyones balance. /bal <player> is fine imho.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Feb 5, 14
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
Fantastic post, Cdog! I work in Client Monies in the legal sector, so I have some experience in the concepts you're describing. You're quite right; security of payment processes are an integral part of IRL business transactions, to the point where funds are actually held in escrow with an impartial third party, ie a legal representative, pending the execution of the terms of sale. Of course, a trade escrow account might be a difficult to implement on the server! I think that /bal <player> is a good compromise.

And thanks, Thowee, for giving this idea a chance - I really don't think it will be a problem.
Posted Feb 5, 14
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices