Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
If you ask "What state is the only USA state that has land border with only 1 state?" Someone from USA might know that but someone from Europe or Australia will not.
So my suggestion for the quiz is to make it more minecraft oriented. Make questions like how many gold bars do you need to make a clock? Or something like how many gold ore blocks do you need to make an clock in Tekkit (It's a trick because macerator doubles the amount of ingots you get from 1 ore)
Just something that isn't culturally biased but something that is taught in every school everywhere in the world or something you know because you are good with minecraft (or tekkit).
Like a question what is liquid called H2O? What metal is HG?
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Jan 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 15, 14 by Alupark
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
I vote against this. If the quiz would only contain questions that everyone knows the answer for, then the only challenge would be the ones who type the fastest, have the lowest ping, ...

Just accept the fact that some questions you'll be able to answer, and some you dont. Part of the experience of doing a quiz, is learning new stuff ;)
Posted Jan 15, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
My point was to make the quiz more fair.
Like for example I can not possibly know what are the lyrics of a song called "The Twelve Days of Christmas" are because my native language isn't english. Not spoken or written one.
On the the other hand I happen to know what is the colour of the cross on danish flag, and that is something someone from Brazil is highly unlikely to know.
Asking what liquid H2O is is universal because water the same liquid here than it is on the other side of the world.

Your server your rules...
Posted Jan 15, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 15, 14 by Alupark
List
Undo
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Again, that might be your definition of 'more fair', but not to the next...

Again, you are not supposed to know all the answers, but feel free to learn something new!
Posted Jan 15, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I agree with Alupark, I would like the quiz's to be more Minecraft originated. I do not like the concept of some questions that are originated on 1 country/continent, as its unfair to the people not from there, and also unfair to people who do not speak the language.

How ever I do agree if everyone knew it its a challenge who types it faster, that is why there should be a bigger variety but keep it inside minecraft, or just basic knowledge, like "Where are the pyramids?" ect, but difficult ones that not everyone should know, but basic ones.
Have an Ice Day!

26.jpg

Posted Jan 16, 14 · Last edited Jan 16, 14 by minecrafte...
NORscout
Votes:
+6
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
V³ Citizen
as of with all other stuff both ingame and IRL, use it if u like it, or dont use it.. -.- thats just the way life goes
Posted Jan 16, 14
Votes:
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Norscout, u'v been saying a lot recently "you have a choice" the thing is WE DO WANT TO USE IT! That's why we are suggesting improvements.
Have an Ice Day!

26.jpg

Posted Jan 16, 14
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Pro
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Marketeer
Royal Moderator
Community Manager
News Manager
V³ Citizen
The whole point of the quiz is to reward the community for voting and to also teach you the odd fact or too. Personally i would rather learn something new than answer every question as i know the answer to all of them.
OpO - Community Admin, Lakefront Mayor & Streamer
Posted Jan 16, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I really do sometimes wish my english would be better...
The point of the suggestion was to make the quiz more fair.
Like asking questions like "What is the longest river on earth" is fair, but asking things like lyrics for Twelve days to chirstamas isn't.
I can't possibly know the answer because that song isn't part of the culture I was born in.
I do not mean you should make the quiz more easy but something like "What is largest volcano in the solar system?" is a fair question because you may know it but it is not cultuarally biased question.
You would have even chance of knowing the right answer not depending do you live in London or some remote village in Mongolia.
Things like "how many diamonds do you need to craft a quarry?" or "what is the 2nd highest mountain in the world?" are fair questions, because they aren't questions that only someone from a certain country would know the answer for.

On the darker side of things: You could make the quiz biased as f and start asking things like "What is the most popular bar in Finland Kuopio?"
On the brighter side of things: You could ask things like "what metal is hg?" to make things more fair.

It's just a suggestion, and I do know I do not make the rules here. I just follow them.

edit: I'm a nerd myself my examples are a bit biased, but my point is trying to make the quiz more fair. Something you can learn anywhere and everywhere. Something that doesn't count where have you been born or how old are you.
Something universal (or minecraft).
Posted Jan 16, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 16, 14 by Alupark
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I tried to make them as fair as possible, but with 350+ questions as of posting this, some are bound to have gotten through! If you spot any more heavily biased ones, let me know and I'll consider removing them - but every question will be biased to someone, and it's good to learn new things :p
Posted Jan 16, 14 · Last edited Jan 16, 14 by Thowee
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices