Forum³
Page
of 2

Change server to new modpack... or make new server?

17 replies
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Hello everyone. I know most of you, and I'm sure a lot of you know me. I love this server dearly, and If you do not care about the well-being of this server, please get off this thread now. Tekkit Classic... where to start, where to start... It had a great run as a modpack. But the creater of EE2 made EE3 horrible, and combined with some other problems, it stopped being updated at 1.2.5. Sure, people will always still play it, and that's amazing, but the fact is, Tekkit Classic is a dying modpack, a sad truth noone here wants to face. I remeber when only 7 months ago this serve was averaging 50 or 60 people, not 30 or 40, usually around 25! I remember when every 5 minutes a new person joined the server to have an awesome Tekkit experience, not every hour! It's dying, guys, and there's really no amount of advertising of the server we can do about it, because like I said, Tekkit Classic is only 1.2.5, and not a lot of people want to play that, except me, Lions, Alupark... the regulars and the new people that join the server, which isn't much. We should stop thinking about how Towny would benefit the server, or space on the server, or things like that. We need to be worrying about how this server is going to survive when the only people that are on are the regulars, with only 1 new person joining every day or so! Now, what I propose we do is either switch this server over to a modpack that's being updated, such as FTB or Tekkit Main, etc. Maybe we could even do basic Minecraft? OR we could make a new server, and Thowee, Gecko, I know you guys poor your soul into this server, and I know that you may be hesitant to buy another one, but what you could do Is put maybe Envy, as he's active a lot, on the case of "Manager" of the server, have him recruit and train staff, advertise it, etc., while Thowee, you work magic with your plugins to make it a copy of the Tekkit Classic server. And if money is an issue, I have a guy who MAY be willing to fund some servers for you, and if he won't do it, I will, because I will not let this server fall through!!!

Edit: If anyone gets mad at me for posting this, sorry, it's what I believe should be the next step!
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Jan 28, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 28, 14 by TheSmurfyG...
Dislike
List
Undo
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
We are happy as a Tekkit Classic server.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Jan 28, 14
Votes:
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I didn't read all of it, So sorry if my answer seems unfair, But this server is only popular because it's tekkit it will loose a lot of players if they change the modpack.
Have an Ice Day!

26.jpg

Posted Jan 28, 14
Votes:
+118
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Citizen
Elite
V³ Citizen
The server should always be tekkit classic
“Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
― Bob Marley
Posted Jan 28, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
We could considering adding additional servers, BUT we are not planning to replace Tekkit Classic: until further notice, and as long as the bills can be paid by donations (no problem there so far), we'll keep things running!

Feel free to open new discussions regarding what mod pack you think would 'rock', keeping in mind that there must be a way for us to get people to actually join our server! (An epic mod pack with a total user base of 1000 won't do, for example)

Also, we have the 'personal' added requirement that we must be able to 'patch' the server to our needs: If we would open a 2nd server, we must be able to apply custom fixes + add new features!
Posted Jan 28, 14
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
No, I love the Tekkit Classic server, I am just saying that we need to start expanding, or this server will fall...
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Jan 28, 14 · OP
List
Undo
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
We could considering adding additional servers, BUT we are not planning to replace Tekkit Classic: until further notice, and as long as the bills can be paid by donations (no problem there so far), we'll keep things running!

Feel free to open new discussions regarding what mod pack you think would 'rock', keeping in mind that there must be a way for us to get people to actually join our server! (An epic mod pack with a total user base of 1000 won't do, for example)

Also, we have the 'personal' added requirement that we must be able to 'patch' the server to our needs: If we would open a 2nd server, we must be able to apply custom fixes + add new features!

I like the idea of having another server. Maybe a Custom Modpack one or Vanilla.
Thanks, old friend.
Posted Feb 15, 14
jwagner27
Votes:
Gamer
Tekkit³ Supporter
Warrior
V³ Citizen
I understand what you mean and I agree the server has hardly anyone on now but this is a tekkit server Hence TekkitCubed I think if Tekkit Classic Dies out, so do we Its just how it is :(
Posted Apr 2, 14
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
We have some new changes in action. Just stay tuned.
Thanks, old friend.
Posted Apr 3, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I would like a vanilla towny server :d...
signature.png
Posted Apr 3, 14
Dislike
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices