Forum³
Page
of 2

Change server to new modpack... or make new server?

17 replies
xzodia3567 $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+38
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Mad Hatter
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
well normal tekkit would be very buggy and alot of patches whoud have to be coded for it so i whoud say keep tekkit classic but over hall it and add a vanilla server with a separate website but keep the ts but add more slots
the thing is it whoud cost alot of money your looking at about an extra $150 per month and if we don't start getting more donations it may be a struggle i hope they do add an other server
Best regards Xzodia3567
Give me beer and some chocolate and then put me on a computer and il be the happiest man in the world
http://tekkitserverlist.com/cache/slide_full/uploads/slides/9a488d55-9dcb-4562-88fc-0bb6b7a6019e.jpg
Posted Apr 5, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
It would not be another 150$... a machine costs around 70/month... unless we're talking about a server to host a hub and minigames, in which case, comes out to 100/month. The website wouldn't cost much, maybe 10$ for the domain, and then host the website on the machine. I would love to see a vanilla server.
signature.png
Posted Apr 5, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
We're considering our options, stay tuned ;)
Posted Apr 7, 14
xzodia3567 $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+38
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Mad Hatter
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
well you guys know what your doing i have faith in you :)
Give me beer and some chocolate and then put me on a computer and il be the happiest man in the world
http://tekkitserverlist.com/cache/slide_full/uploads/slides/9a488d55-9dcb-4562-88fc-0bb6b7a6019e.jpg
Posted Apr 7, 14
Votes:
Expert
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Expert
Royal Pro
V³ Citizen
if we are going to have a different server it must be voltz or hexxit because people will enjoy the ICBM mod but if not we can stick to tekkit classic its really nice my favourite tekkit classic item is the mercurial eye! and Im amazed why anyone would want to switch modpack its such a stupid idea! :wow: Im amazed
absolutely amazed!
Posted Apr 14, 14
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
if we are going to have a different server it must be voltz or hexxit because people will enjoy the ICBM mod but if not we can stick to tekkit classic its really nice my favourite tekkit classic item is the mercurial eye! and Im amazed why anyone would want to switch modpack its such a stupid idea! :wow: Im amazed
absolutely amazed!

Just want to say one thing.
If we made a Voltz or Hexxit server ICBM would be banned. Tekkit Classic is nice but it's losing popularity, we are trying to future proof. So if we end up making a vanilla server it'll be awesome as always!
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Apr 15, 14
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
Expert
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Expert
Royal Pro
V³ Citizen
wrote:
absolutely amazed!

Just want to say one thing.
If we made a Voltz or Hexxit server ICBM would be banned. Tekkit Classic is nice but it's losing popularity, we are trying to future proof. So if we end up making a vanilla server it'll be awesome as always!
I hope ICBM isn't banned because it is awesome but you could nuke spawn I suppose. and as I said I HATE vanilla because it sucks! and if ICBM mod gets banned Ill be furious! :furious:
Posted Apr 15, 14
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
What is so bad about Vanilla? So, you're saying you hate every game-mode including hunger games, towny, kitpvp, factions, etc? I think you may need to rephrase your response. Also, then banning ICBM will be pretty close to them banning explosives on towny. Same principal, different aspects.
signature.png
Posted Apr 16, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices