9 replies
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
I propose an admin store at the mining world spawn that sells only explosives, including nova catalysts and catalclysms, TNT, dynamite, sticky dynamite, REPs and...

...wait for it...

...nukes!

These nukes would only be placeable in the mining world, and only beyond a thousand block perimeter around the mining world spawn. They would also cost, say, $2,000,000 each.

Go on, call me mad. Many do...
Posted Jan 29, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 29, 14 by Prometheus...
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I like this idea.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Jan 29, 14
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Hmmmm... I like this idea, with every explosive except the nukes, because you just know that someone will buy like three after selling IC Credits for a day and just troll the mining world. Maybe Thowee and Gecko could reduce the blast radius to something a little less catastrophic? I've heard that it can be done on Tekkit Classic servers!
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Jan 29, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
That is the point. We don't care what happens to the mining world we can always reset it.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Jan 29, 14
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Well yes, I guess that's true...
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Jan 29, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Elite
V³ Citizen
I like this idea for the main fact that this could drop the server economy balance.
Great idea. :)
Give me Applez and Chocolate and I'm the happiest person in the world :d
Posted Jan 30, 14
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
And now, a sober analysis of this idea. :)

A few thoughts went through my mind when suggesting this:

• As Envy says, it would offer a decent drain on the player economy through the sale of highly desirable, exclusive items.
  • It would motivate players to continue accruing server cash post-Legend without the introduction of new ranks.
  • It would give players a secondary, and even tertiary reason to vote for mining world access. I imagine a scenario where a player announces that he is going to set off a nuke, and everyone online rushes to vote so that they might "/mvtp mine" and watch the show.
  • It rewards the efforts of those who can afford the exorbitant prices for which these items would sell, and encourages new players to stay by offering an end-game that few (if any) other servers offer.
  • It leverages the fact that the mining world occupies a completely different server, and can tolerate load that Terra cannot (or at least, this is my understanding).

I can foresee the following challenges and considerations:

• How can the placement of these explosives be limited to beyond a certain radius from the mining world spawn? Could an admin claim be expanded and used for this somehow?
  • How can players avoid being inadvertantly caught in the blast radius of one of these explosives? Could explosions be somehow rigged to destroy blocks but not damage players? Or...
  • does the server perhaps encourage anarchy and lawlessness in the mining world? What about the introduction of persistent PvP? Could the mining world offer a risk/reward scenario that would be exciting and enticing to players who are into a more competitive server environment? How about some kind of explosives focused PvP minigame?
  • How can the server prevent excessive lag when an explosive device is detonated, blocks are destroyed, and large numbers of drops spawn from the destroyed blocks? Is there a way to prevent these entities from spawning at all? If so, would this interfere with the operation of infernal armour and other legitimate mining tools?
  • Could the process by which the mining world map is restored be automated and if so, how frequently could it be run? Would it be sufficient to track the placement of more the more powerful explosive devices (nukes, nova cataclysms, etc) and do targeted //regens of the affected chunks?

I daresay I've forgotten some obvious pros and/or cons here. Feel free to chime in if you think of anything I haven't considered.
Posted Jan 30, 14 · OP · Last edited Jan 30, 14 by Prometheus...
Votes:
+5
Pro
Royal
Royal Pro
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Prom i like this idea... but the Price for Nuke could maybe just be 1,500,00 but Great idea anyway :d :party:
Posted Jan 30, 14
Kolibob $
Votes:
Gamer
Legend
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Best idea ever, but none will buy them, they could just craft em' in there, thats a little bit better xD
Posted Feb 12, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Elite
V³ Citizen
Why would no one buy them? They would be exclusive as it would be an only buyable Item.
Reason to have these would be to drain the economy which is always a good thing :)

Have a nice day. :)
Give me Applez and Chocolate and I'm the happiest person in the world :d
Posted Feb 12, 14
Top Posters
NoticeNotices