+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Pardon the acronym.
Anyways... seeing that the forum section for tekkitcubed classic subfolder seems to reached the cap, i would like to add a few suggestions onto this here General Discussion Thread.

1: update the in-game /help list. I have not been on the server in about 3 months and only enough to keep claims alive. I see so many wonderful changes and new additions like the sell IC directly from alchemy chest, and other stuff I have not even touched, let alone am aware of! Right now, the only help is the essentials, itemlimiter, and essentialsspawn information and i, for a fact, know that there are a metric ton of other helpful plugins in the server! Of course, you can know what they are by fishing around the server forums. But let's face it, some people are too lazy to go fishing in an ocean of 1000+ posts for a couple threads pertaining to events and new plugins. Some don't even register! Players just join the game, play a bit, and see small things going on without knowing what they are missing out on. Some just see a small help list and just leave after a few moments playing "vanilla tekkit" and not TekkitCubed. It also helps people who have been away for a long time rejoin, get caught up on some new things and be back without a hitch! Maybe also post a complete help thing on the website under the sub-tag other. Benefits of this would be a larger and better informed community of really interested players.

2: /list warps. is it possible to make it available to all players? I know that i read somewhere that new warps are being introduced but it's hard to remember them. There could me a /list adminwarps for mod's and above's private warps that said mods and above don't want to be made public and therefore inaccessible if someone other that mods+ types and enters it. /list warp will be for all players. maybe to get a /warp onto the /warp list, you would have to file an application and then approved by rank mods and above?

3: clean out the forums and/or add more subfolders i.e. Suggestions 1, Suggestions 2, et cetera. Or keep the original folders and raise the original limit on threads.

4: grenade arena? chainmail team vs. leather team, each armed with 20 each of insta-damage 1-3, insta-heal 2, poison 1, speed 2, and regen 3. Oh, don't forget instant mines dotted around the map... step on a pressure pad and then ka-blooey!

5: treecapitator plugin?

6: ????

7: profit ...j k

well, what i hope for most is the updated /help in-game and on-site; as they say, knowledge is power.
Thanks for reading this kind of rage-ish giant wall of text and considering it.
Good Guy Greg
3 votes
23.1%
WarpSpeed!
3 votes
23.1%
Forum Janitor
1 vote
7.7%
'Nade 'Rena
2 votes
15.4%
LumberJack
2 votes
15.4%
Profiteer
2 votes
15.4%
Number of voters: 6
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Mar 1, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 1, 14 by Regalien_
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
Legend
Royal
Royal Legend
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I think /list warps would be a great idea and tree captivator may be a bad idea because of the amount of world greif that would happen. and what does the pole have to do with these questions?
Posted Mar 1, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I like it :d, it would have to be /warp. It would show all the warps.
signature.png
Posted Mar 1, 14 · Last edited Mar 1, 14 by jimjim975
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Not really expecting such a chilly response. Hope it reaches the mods ears anyways. :)

Delphates, well the poll is a fun way of saying the corresponding parts. For instance number four in the post is grenade arena and the fourth choice is 'nade 'rena. And so on so forth.

Come on all, these suggestions are great and needs all the support it can get!
Posted Mar 3, 14 · OP
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Some great ideas, we'll certainly look into updating the help list and letting you see all the warps. Grenade arena sounds fun!
Posted Mar 4, 14
List
Undo
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Good luck!
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Mar 5, 14 · OP
Lionstail $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Expert
Donator
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
i personally like treecapitator. it makes the world look a lot better by not having treetops floating about everywhere that the new players who cut them couldn't reach the tops of.
This results in less renderlag, and well, lets face it, a more beautiful scenery.
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”
― Lewis Carroll
Posted Mar 5, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
The problem is that if we would add such a plugin, we have to make sure that it doesn take down a wooden building ;)

And that is not that simple as there is no difference for plugins for player placed wood / world generated 'wood' (as in from a tree).

Imho, it is therefor too risky.
Posted Mar 5, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Also, could someone try to post at the suggestion forum and if it fails (hit some sort of limit) make a screenshot of the message stating so and put it here so we can look into it properly.
Posted Mar 5, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Here you go Gecko. And as you can see there is no "make new thred" button on the suggestion thread.
And before you ask yes I have tried the same with firefox and chrome so it isn't issue about me using opera.
Attached Images
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 5, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices