Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Maybe you could add in game money rank that has some privilege over other ranks. Rank restricted black hole band or Catalytic lens.
Point is if even if you were a donator you wouldn't be automagically getting access to it, but you would have to be (Demigod? Pure? Saint?) in game money rank to use one and make one.
You donated? So? Get making IC and buy the right to use ??? item with game money.
You didn't donate? So? Get making IC and buy the right to use ??? item with game money.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 6, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 6, 14 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
And before you dump the catalytic lens idea consider this.
You could actually start a stopwatch and see how long it takes you to get banned if you were griefing with a catalytic lens and you were one of the players having access to it.
Posted Mar 6, 14 · OP
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Alupark, one of the main reasons that Donors unlock all rank restricted items is because they have given money to the server, so the staff thinks that they wouldn't be dumb enough to be banned... it would be a waste of money. Other than that main reason, I would say it sounds pretty cool!
signature.png
Posted Mar 6, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Donating irl money isn't effort, but making 10mil in game is. I do understand that running this server isn't actually cheap and money is needed to run it, but someone who has just spent 2 weeks to make enough game money to /rankup and gain access to ??? item is less likely to grief with it than a person who only had to say "Mom could I buy Royal for $50 in Tekkitcubed? Please?"
Posted Mar 7, 14 · OP
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
$50 Dollars is a lot of money. You may think it isn't, but it is. If someone were to buy something for $50, they are definitely less likely to grief, unless they're super rich. I do agree with you on the 10 mil, but people who have purchased a rank will *usually* not grief.
signature.png
Posted Mar 7, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
The whole point is that if you are born with silver spoon stuck in your (donkey?) 20€ for new minecraft account and 50€ for Royal isn't anything.
You don't actually have to do anything. You only just need to be lucky.
Posted Mar 7, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 7, 14 by Alupark
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Or you could work for your money like I do :p Anyway, I am a firm believer that donors *usually* won't grief with it. On the other hand, if they do, we can always see out your plan on using a more expensive rank :d
signature.png
Posted Mar 7, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I don't know where you work at but I make $70 irl faster than I make 10mil in game.
And before anyone says anything about me being a Royal and judging people who have donated. Everything I own is bought with my money and every € of that money is from my work.
I haven't had freebies. Ever.
Being a royal elite is something I earned, not something given to me.
Posted Mar 8, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 8, 14 by Alupark
Votes:
+6
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
xD
Posted Mar 8, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I wasn't judging you O_o. I was just saying that most donors usually don't have jobs, which would make 50 dollars more valuable. I guess we would need to let the admins decide.
signature.png
Posted Mar 8, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices