of 2

Recommendation to help out the economy.

16 replies
Votes:
+9
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Not sure if you have or haven't thought of this idea yet, but Lions asked for me to post it here anyway. What I had in mind was limiting the amount of money every player can sell to the bank (this doesn't include voting money or trading) to a certain amount every month. Think of it like an optional monthly pay check. Then depending on how much you play on and/or vote for the server the player can receive a bonus to the amount they can earn a month and this bonus resets at the end of each month just like the stats page does. Now, what some of you are probably thinking is "that is going to be a bit hard to code." True it could be, but the server already has the method of doing this already made. Just remove the bank from the spawn and make this with the alchemy chests remote selling system. This could kill the need for lag intensive and economy breaking IC machines that people like producing or at least limit the amount of time their on to the amount a person needs each month.
10.jpg
Posted Mar 16, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I like this idea.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Mar 16, 14
Votes:
+9
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
oh fail I put this under the wrong section >.>. I'll go repost this under the correction section since it seems I was half asleep when I made this and didn't notice my misplacement.
10.jpg
Posted Mar 16, 14 · OP
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Well, this would be a good idea, however, what if someone is trying to get to Elite, and we place the limit at 4 million a month. They would have to take a whole month to get the rank, where as they could do it in a day. I think a lot of people would get bored, as for a lot of people the only reason they're on the server is so they can sell IC. Wait, I take that back, the regulars get on for other reasons, but a lot of the others only to sell their IC and then get off.
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Mar 17, 14
Votes:
+9
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I'm pretty sure getting the highest rank in one day doesn't give any sense of accomplishment. If it doesn't have a sense of accomplishment then there would be no point in having it in the first place. Also if you read my post carefully you would see that I was only referring to the money you gained from selling IC. You can still gain money with no cap by voting and selling items so it's still very much be possible to get to elite in under a month if the limit was set to as you said 4 million.
10.jpg
Posted Mar 17, 14 · OP
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Pro
Royal
Royal Moderator
V³ Citizen
if someone logg in as starter, then after 24h or less are at elite (without help), then i would say they have broken the game...
Posted Mar 17, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
The economy isn't as inflated as feared it would become few months earlier.
Sure players who are too lazy or too busy to /warp mall are are asked for 120% of the /value price, but that money does not add any more money in circulation.
There are few sinkholes for that money that do not use that money to buy stuff because they either own one or can build one.
Sure players are paying 50k for a job but that is from player that wouldn't even notice 50k missing to a player that wouldn't even notice he had 50k more.
And those 10k+ paying jobs take time and you need to have right tools with you so that is no discount either.

P.S. I'm biased as f about this because I'm one of those money sinkholes who don't spend their money if they can build that thing they need.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 17, 14
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
The economy isn't as inflated as feared it would become few months earlier.
Sure players who are too lazy or too busy to /warp mall are are asked for 120% of the /value price, but that money does not add any more money in circulation.
There are few sinkholes for that money that do not use that money to buy stuff because they either own one or can build one.
Sure players are paying 50k for a job but that is from player that wouldn't even notice 50k missing to a player that wouldn't even notice he had 50k more.
And those 10k+ paying jobs take time and you need to have right tools with you so that is no discount either.

P.S. I'm biased as f about this because I'm one of those money sinkholes who don't spend their money if they can build that thing they need.

Watch your language young man!
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Mar 19, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Watch your language young man!
I sense a hint of sarcasm in your reply my dear sir.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 19, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
The sale of IC is a relic from the SparkCraft days, in any case. I thought it a bad idea then, and I think it a bad idea now.

My advice:

1. Give players a month to deliquidate their assets
2. Reset the /bal of every player
3. Remove entirely the capacity for players to sell IC back to the server

Take back control of the economy. There's a reason the Federal Reserve doesn't allow folks to print currency in their basement...
Posted Mar 20, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices