of 2

Recommendation to help out the economy.

16 replies
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
This isn't the Government. I say keep the IC as it makes for a more Role-Play type of game. In my opinion, the only way to help the economy, is to make it harder to obtain the IC.... (If there was a way to make iron have a higher EMC value, or maybe even just make it a different item with a higher EMC).
signature.png
Posted Mar 20, 14
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
What kind of role play allows you to endlessly produce an item with no apparent value and exchange it for currency from a limitless and freely accessible source? I think the accrual of large amounts of server cash should require a hefty socio-economic investment into the community of Tekkit Cubed. It seems bizarre to me that a player can get to the first page of /baltop without talking to or even being seen by another player.

And to be clear, the reason the Federal Reserve doesn't allow folks to print money in their basement is so they can control the amount of currency in circulation and moderate the economy. I think that line of reasoning is directly applicable here.
Posted Mar 20, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
What do you think people who have turned stacks of rm in to money think about reseting their /bal?
Money doesn't come from nowhere, because you need to turn emc in to ic and sell it.
Emc does come from nowhere because we have powerflowers, but what can you do? Ban them and take them away?

And I do know I'm biased in this because I'm still on the first page of /baltop
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 20, 14 · Last edited Mar 20, 14 by Alupark
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
What kind of role play allows you to endlessly produce an item with no apparent value and exchange it for currency from a limitless and freely accessible source? I think the accrual of large amounts of server cash should require a hefty socio-economic investment into the community of Tekkit Cubed. It seems bizarre to me that a player can get to the first page of /baltop without talking to or even being seen by another player.

And to be clear, the reason the Federal Reserve doesn't allow folks to print money in their basement is so they can control the amount of currency in circulation and moderate the economy. I think that line of reasoning is directly applicable here.
What does it matter if the person talked in chat... lurkers can still make money. Also, I have come to like the freedom of the economy... someone else said in this thread earlier, "If someone gets to elite over night then we have a problem." I believe until then the economy is fine.
signature.png
Posted Mar 20, 14
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
The sale of IC is a relic from the SparkCraft days, in any case. I thought it a bad idea then, and I think it a bad idea now.

My advice:

1. Give players a month to deliquidate their assets
2. Reset the /bal of every player
3. Remove entirely the capacity for players to sell IC back to the server

Take back control of the economy. There's a reason the Federal Reserve doesn't allow folks to print currency in their basement...

I love this idea. Can we make you incharge of the stock and economy.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Mar 21, 14
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
The sale of IC is a relic from the SparkCraft days, in any case. I thought it a bad idea then, and I think it a bad idea now.

My advice:

1. Give players a month to deliquidate their assets
2. Reset the /bal of every player
3. Remove entirely the capacity for players to sell IC back to the server

Take back control of the economy. There's a reason the Federal Reserve doesn't allow folks to print currency in their basement...

Although I like this idea, I believe it would be too drastic a change at this time. Instead, why not simply limit the total balance instead of completely resetting? Limiting the balance to say 5 million gives players plenty of spending money, allows players to buy the elite rank, and keeps everyone's current amount (under 5 million) intact.

Another factor of players making their own money is that they are accumulating money on their own time while on the server. That is of course if you don't have a world anchor. Having to make your own money is another goal that all players share and is unique to the TekkitCubed server. And to make money you need to be online. This is another incentive for players to join and stay. If say players were given an allowance each month then that would make having to be online pointless.

My advice: :p

1. Limit the total balance to 5 million
CdogNerfinator's Forum Rules:
#1 All posts must have at least one emoticon
#2 When revising a post use the "Edit" feature
#3 Punctuate all sentences
#4 Obey all CdogNerfinator's rules
Posted Mar 21, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
As long as we still have powerflowers from voting and donating it doesn't matter what we use as money because players who are "older" will still be more powerful and rich than the players that just joined.
Does it matter if someone has millions of dollars or stacks of rm? He is powerful either way and if someone has turned his emc in to $ I think he deserves it.
If you want to be fair and cut money out of the economy cut 90% off from everyones /bal and not just from the rich.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 21, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices