Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Well it has been Laggit³ not Tekkit³ for a while now and even "older" players are starting to leave because tps drops to 10% or less on regular basis.
Time to move on to more powerful server or upgrade old one?
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 19, 14 · OP · Last edited Mar 19, 14 by Alupark
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Okay from my understanding is that. The new "laggless" Factory system is causing a fair bit of CPU due to the magtubes that we patched. From what i've seen is that it's just the CPU that appears to be the problem. So I think we should explore additional solutions before just jumping straight into getting a new server host.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Mar 19, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Alupark, there is no such thing as 'simply upgrading' when you are talking about running single thread based minecraft servers.

We'll look into the lag and try to patch some of the code to try improve the TPS.
Posted Mar 19, 14
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
As I have said before I sound blunt even when I speak finnish and translating my thoughts to english doesn't actually help.
Anyway I like this server so much that only way you can get rid of me is to ban me. :)
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Mar 19, 14 · OP
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
You could always try patching the tubes so they start using RAM instead of CPU, if thats even possible. If that were to be the case, you could keep the same processor, but could get a machine that has a lot more RAM in it. Might I ask what the specs of the machine are at the moment?
signature.png
Posted Mar 19, 14
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
RAM is memory that is volatile and the CPU is a processing unit. I don't think you can just make something run from the CPU because that's what processes the data and sends it to the required places.
Posted Mar 19, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I know, what I am saying is make the tubes rely more on RAM thus lessening the load on the CPU... if that's even possible.
signature.png
Posted Mar 19, 14
TiggaBiscuit $o
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
No. No. No. No. CPU is Central Processing Unit. It processes the data and information. RAM is Random Access Memory. It's what holds the programs in volatile memory so the computer can run them.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Mar 20, 14
Votes:
+4
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I know what it is... I am just making suggestions (that probably cannot be done) to lessen the load on the CPU... I know it will still be processed by the CPU... I am saying make the tubed rely on something other than the CPU to lessen the load, or patch them so they don't burden the CPU so heavily.
signature.png
Posted Mar 20, 14
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
If you make suggestions, make sure that you understand what you are suggesting.

Your remark regarding making tubes not rely on CPU is stating that you want to make humans to not rely on oxygen and expect them to still be able to breath and live ;)
Posted Mar 20, 14
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices