Page
of 2

I would call this admin abuse.

14 replies
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Recently me and a friend (sonic75man) were on the tekkit server late at night. We thought no admins were online. So obviously the human instinct of gathering (or raiding as it's called) came to mind. I had my eye on a particular spot on the minimap. We then started heading that way. Once we headed there, we found the area to be untouched and full of goodies. However, a moderator then came out of his /vanish command and jailed both me and him. Obviously, we realized we had been put into a trap, and had been followed (Which is considered a breach of privacy), but we were okay with being jailed. But, of course our punishment wasn't over. The admin (Not to point, but the admin was Lionstail) decided that we needed an inventory wipe. Now of course we get upset, and the unfair wipe is the main point of this post, and start asking and complaining to have it back. Our agreed answer from the admin was a firm no, as reason being no raiding or griefing (which we only raided, never griefed, and only took about 3 things total). Now, I have been on many Minecraft servers and this kind of thing from admins should have been expected, but oh well. We were then, after being told to stop our complaining from the server, (or atleast I was) muted. This mute came from me responding to another player's insult, "Rogue, stop being a snot and get over it", with my reply being, "Only if you stop being a booger." Our jail time was for 2 hours, which is a tiny bit absurd, considering this being our first offense and only taking 3 items. The admin's response was, "This crackdown will start with you two". He also claimed that he had talked about this kind of punishment with the owners two days before, which some leeway or warning should have been posted. I had a friend the day before, who's had many convictions to the same "crime", that was jailed for only one hour and no inventory wipe. This was an unfair punishment by the admin, and both of us only wish to have our wiped items back, which included our actually hard earned red morning stars, klein stars, and other items of sorts.
Posted Jul 15, 14 · OP
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
What part of the "no raiding" rule didn't you understand?
And you only took 3 items before you were jailed because you didn't have time to take more.
If you don't want to do the time don't do the crime.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Jul 15, 14
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
If you want to know what part of it is unclear, it would be the entire thing. The rule is too vague, and can seem unnecessary to having the amount of abandoned buildings that are scattered across the map. The amount of buildings and left items would be a complete waste of server memory. But again with the jailing that I can not point out enough times to people was we were fine with doing the time. And one thing that I forgot to mention was the 3 items were the only items that the place had to offer us. I do understand, however, that our argument may be invalid because of us going completely against the rules, but what I want you to understand is that the punishment was way too severe for a first time offense, and we simply wish for our items back. To further emphasize it, WE'RE OKAY WITH THE JAIL, JUST NOT THE ITEM REMOVAL!
Posted Jul 15, 14 · OP
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Royal
Elite
Royal Moderator
Royal Head-Mod
V³ Citizen
You might find this helpful
http://www.tekkitcubed.com/rules
May I highlight the:
No griefing
No stealing
Particularly the "No" in both
You are hurt because items that you took, against the rules, were taken away from you. This is not abuse, this is justice. Follow the rules because as Staff we will enforce them.
Posted Jul 15, 14
Lionstail $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Expert
Donator
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Rogue_Xeno_rex, you were aware of the rules. They are not some kind of game, but instead determine how the players must behave, so that everyone can enjoy the game.
As for being your first time offense, we both know you have griefed/raided before (logs can prove that)
How are the rules vague? They state: No griefing or stealing.
A simple google search brings up griefing as - Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering. Stealing - to take (the property of another or others) without permission. These meanings are not hard to comprehend.
Yes, there are abandoned buildings across the map, and yes, lots of them are griefed. Most of those griefers have been punished.
You have a problem with the item removal? I'm sure those places you griefed looked worse because of item removal also.
On my travels I have found your name many times on griefed places, and did nothing because they were old griefs, and thought maybe you had come around and don't grief anymore. I guess i thought wrong. All up, I'm pretty sure what you have raided previously vastly outweighs the items removed from your inventory. your bags were left alone, they still have whatever you had in them.

You break the rules and call punishment unfair? You might have heard from a player they got off light for raiding. It doesn't mean you can raid to your hearts content, settle for a 10 min jail and think everything will be fine?
Abiding by the rules makes the game more enjoyable for everyone. The rules themselves are not a game. You cannot buy RM or other items for the cost of jailtime, it does not work that way.

Unless overruled, the decision sticks.

EDIT: "This crackdown will start with you two" I never said that. On the contrary, I have cleared the inventory of players previous to you. One of them even told you so in chat.
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”
― Lewis Carroll
Posted Jul 15, 14 · Last edited Jul 15, 14 by Lionstail
List
Undo
Votes:
Citizen
V³ Citizen
This is not abuse in the slightest, you only raided because you thought there was no admin online, so you admit to knowingly breaking the rules, There is no rule saying that admins can not be vanished, yes sometimes it's annoying but it's legal, Doesn't matter if it is a first offence or not, you got what you deserved. And it doesn't matter how many items you took, because, breaking the rules is breaking the rules.
Posted Jul 15, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
And how would you like it if you were me?
Posted Jul 16, 14 · OP
Lionstail $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+13
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Expert
Donator
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I wouldn't break the rules to begin with.
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”
― Lewis Carroll
Posted Jul 16, 14
List
Undo
Votes:
Citizen
V³ Citizen
"And how would you like it if you were me?" You got what you deserved, you waited for the server to be free of admins, you even had a special place in mind to go raid, you knew what you were doing was wrong and thats why you waited for security to leave, you have no right to complain about your punishment, it's a different story if you didn't know raiding wasn't allowed, but you knew what you were doing.
Posted Jul 16, 14
List
Undo
Thenrin $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+5
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
V³ Citizen
And how would you like it if you were me?

And how would you like it if you were the one you were stealing from?

Bottom line - you did it, you knew what you were doing, and got busted.
If you want sympathy, go elsewhere - we have none for you here.
Suck up and man up to your screw up!

Can we lock this please?
Posted Jul 16, 14
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices