+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
We've had a few suggestions to add an auction plugin. The idea is you type /auction to sell off the item you have in your hand. You would not be able to sell below minimum price from /value.
Spoiler: Pro Tip!Show

Please vote to say if you would like this.
Add auctions!
6 votes
66.7%
Auctions suck!
3 votes
33.3%
Number of voters: 9
Posted Jan 6, 15 · OP · Last edited Jan 6, 15 by Thowee
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
While I do enjoy servers with this sort of plug-in, I personally don't think it would suit this server. The point of an auction is to try and get a 'deal of a lifetime' and since the minimum value rule has been enforced I don't see much merit for it. Another issue to consider is the chat spam. If say +30 people are on a server with an auction constantly running it can be very disrupting if players are trying to communicate. :/
CdogNerfinator's Forum Rules:
#1 All posts must have at least one emoticon
#2 When revising a post use the "Edit" feature
#3 Punctuate all sentences
#4 Obey all CdogNerfinator's rules
Posted Jan 6, 15
Votes:
+36
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Donator
Mad Hatter
Royal Moderator
V³ Citizen
It is a good idea in some cases and I have seen many servers using auctions, but I agree with CdogNerfinator, I just don't like them that much. Btw, I also voted for the wrong choice, I meant to vote for the "Auctions suck!" tab >.<
Posted Jan 6, 15
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I however do think this is a good idea. Sure the minimum value is enforced but that doesn't mean you can't sell it for more than that. It just depends on what you're selling. Also, I believe their is a command that allows you to prevent auction from spamming your chat, essentially removing it from your chat.
Posted Jan 6, 15
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
So it's 4 - 4 (recounting Jess' vote!). Will probably be left for now to focus on other exciting things for the server!
Posted Jan 10, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Top Posters
NoticeNotices