Forum³

Mod abuse

4 replies
Votes:
Banned users
Jamser20's say

Hello, so i just started playing t3 about 2 days ago and today my friend "Drsquid16" killed a moderator "Tree" and tree got pissed and told Dr he had to give everything back that he had on even tho the server wiped items the moment he died. I think this is mod abuse seeing as Dr had no idea he could even kill a mod when he tried to. Also Tree had killed me then kicked me from the server before i had time to take a picture, just because i was going to take a picture of it. Another example of mod abuse. Also no where on the rules does it state that if you kill a mod you have to refund his items, or does it state that your not aloud to kill mods. Tree was in our base at the time so i see no reason why we were not aloud to kill him.
https://gyazo.com/d95fed971ed00075b3095d949e5c85a0 (Proof of being kicked from server)

TylerWC00's say

Today I was playing on the Tekkit classic server with my team drsquid16, R3CKLESS21, me and Jamser20 and I noticed Treeslapper teleported to our base so me and drsquid16 wanted to have some fun so we placed zappers near the mod hopping we can damage him a little to scare him, after a couple of seconds the zappers hit him 6 times and he died and dropped all of his items, not even 2 seconds later the server cleared up all dropped items and entities disappear. This got treeslapper extremely angry and he demanded all of us to craft all of his items and give them back. When a player looses a item there is a no refund policy right? Then why are we being worked for treeslapper's items back? shortly after treeslapper killed and kicked my friend Jamser20, preferably I think that is mod abuse regarding about him demanding all of his items back. (Screenshot of treeslapper killing Jamser20 below) (Jamser20 being kicked https://gyazo.com/d95fed971ed00075b3095d949e5c85a0)

R3CKLESS21's say

The reason that he should be de-modded is because he has abused his power. when I join a server I want to be protection from the mod not to be abused by his power. I hope that you understand in that action are taken
Attached Images
Posted Aug 22, 15 · OP
shorey_x $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Pro
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Marketeer
Royal Moderator
Royal Pro
Royal Legend
Staff Manager
News Manager
V³ Citizen
Killing a Mod comes under unsolicited PVP which applies to killing any player by any means without agreeing first to fight(as you have no pictures of tree agreeing to PVP I have to state this).
As for replacing the items, as it was unsolicited PVP this would be classed as stealing items (even if you didn't receive them) so it comes down to replace the items or go to jail.
The player kill performed by tree however was uncalled for and he will be informed of this (this alone is not enough to de-mod him). Now to the kick. The proper response in a situation when people all caps "MOD ABUSE" is a mute (this allows us time to talk to you privately about the issue) He will also be informed of this but again this is not enough to merit a de-mod.

Note: He will be informed of his actions that were uncalled for but please be aware that you were also at fault in this situation (Not all of you but as you have posted together I have to address you all as a collective)

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this altercation and hopefully it will not occur again in the future.

~Shorey_x
Posted Aug 22, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
Banned users
He killed me because i said in teamspeak "take a picture of it" then he kicked me, when i logged back in i said "mod abuse".

there was no reason I should have been kicked or muted

-Jamser20
Posted Aug 22, 15 · OP
shorey_x $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Pro
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Marketeer
Royal Moderator
Royal Pro
Royal Legend
Staff Manager
News Manager
V³ Citizen
Do you have a timed proof of the kick and message time?

~shorey_x
Posted Aug 22, 15
Votes:
+74
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Royal
Royal Moderator
Royal Legend
Royal Head-Mod
Events Manager
News Manager
V³ Citizen
The issue has been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thread locked! :)
Posted Aug 23, 15
Top Posters
NoticeNotices