Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Well I still like the prestige idea. And never give up daniel, you might get enough dough at some point :p
Posted Sep 6, 13
Votes:
+2
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Might but I'm low on diamond rm dm iron and my collectors are terrible.
Posted Sep 6, 13
Votes:
+9
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
The colored text is a nice idea as long as its a color not used by anything else so no confusion arises. Not sure how well light green is read in the server though.
Posted Sep 6, 13
Votes:
+2
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
it's like yellow
Posted Sep 6, 13
Votes:
+2
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
oh cool my text is in s couler
Posted Sep 6, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
One more suggestion.
If you rankup after [Legend] you could have a bit higher limit for placing energy collectors.
Mk 1 limit from 45 to 54 mk 2 from 30 to 36 etc etc
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Sep 18, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
I definitely think further ranks are a good idea. At the moment, there are such massive amounts of cash circulating around the player base that hyperinflation is a real risk. Further ranks would be a great way to return some of it to the bank, so to speak.

How about this for an idea:

After Legend, the ranks split into two streams: Architect and Technician.

Access to each stream must be earned - first by attaining the rank of Legend, then by impressing a staff member with a sizable build or a complex machine respectively. Players (who have reached Legend) can post entries on the website to be reviewed by staff. If a staff member is impressed, and grants the player access to either the architect or technician streams, the player is to pay a one off $2,000,000 rank up fee.

Perks would be relevant to whichever stream the players have chosen. For example, a larger collector/mass fab placement allowance for Technicians and a larger claim block allowance for Architects.

Each stream would have, perhaps, four teirs:

- Architect, Architect+, Architect++, Master Architect
- Technician, Technician+, Technician++, Master Technician

Each tier would have similar requirements. The presentation of a build/machine appropriate for a rank up, and a server cash payment.

Just a thought. I'd be keen to see talented players rewarded for their efforts, and less talented players rewarded for their perseverance.
Posted Sep 25, 13 · Last edited Sep 25, 13 by Prometheus...
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I like this idea of needing to build something really cool and paying in game money for next rank, but I could never be a tech or architect.
In single player I can build a emc farm that makes your frames per second go to seconds per frame, but that is just brute force build and nothing finesse about it.
I imagine this would too require massive amounts of code.

P.S. If you don't find a way to remove some money from the system $ will start to lose value fast.
P.P.S I still like the custom prefix idea with a owner/admin approval of that prefix.
P.P.P.S Maybe the ability to buy claim blocks with in game money if your rank is high enough?
Posted Sep 25, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 25, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
If you will add new rank after [Legend] (or prestige ranks) ability to set 2nd home to somewhere like in the Nether
could be something why people would go to prestige.
You could have your normal evil fortress at normal world and your really evil fortress in the Nether.
Posted Sep 29, 13 · OP
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Few more ideas before I stop suggestion spam.
Two tone nick so that your [Prefix] is different color than your name is.
Command /warp starter+ instead of /kit starter+ so when you do that you are warped to a shop where can choose one free hard to get and/or build item from selection of 5 or so items for free.
Glass wall between /warp starter+ and /warp gamer+ so you can see what items you can get with next rank.
Maybe if you are [Starter+] you could get a free selection of one free rotary macerator, induction furnace etc machines, but if you are [Starter++] you would get 2 free items a day?
Posted Oct 3, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 3, 13 by Alupark
Page
of 5
Top Posters
NoticeNotices