4 replies
mattp1980
Votes:
+1
Tekkit³ Supporter
Captain
V³ Citizen
Hi all,

I set up a quarry and had smeltable ores going into macerators, then furnaces and then chests. All coal, gems, uranium and other precious items went straight into a vanilla chest.

All the cobble, gravel, flint and general rubbish went into a condenser.

Chuck came along and pointed out that it was classed as an EMC farm and asked me to break (which I did). He said that because it was a condenser and not a chest, it became an EMC farm. In my naivety, I thought EMC farms were things like the blaze rod farm where you break down an item into more than one item with a higher overall EMC value and then condense it to recycle it.

This is all fine. I thought it was ok, but it turns out it wasn't, so I fixed it.

Now, my question. All I'm going to do is manually take all the rubbish out of the chest and put it in a condenser. The only thing that is different is the fact that I am moving it over by hand instead of pipes. So, what happens if I am working nearby and chest fills? The blocks then start popping out of the chest. With enough buildup this will cause lag and eventually very bad lag.

Is there any chance of a compromise on having 1 quarry feeding a condenser? Maybe even limit it to players who have donated to a certain rank? It might even encourage more donations :)

Anyway, food for thought.
Posted Sep 22, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 22, 13 by mattp1980
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
We apologise for Chuck's mistake here, he misunderstood the intention of your machines. The setup you had is not an EMC farm and is absolutely fine.
Posted Sep 22, 13
mattp1980
Votes:
+1
Tekkit³ Supporter
Captain
V³ Citizen
Thanks for the clarification Thowee. I thought it was a little strange at the time, but I just did as I was told. Maybe Chuck did not see the diamond pipes filtering things to different places.
Posted Sep 22, 13 · OP
Votes:
+3
Gamer
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Does auto cobblestone generator/breaker class as emc farm too? if so i will break it.
Posted Sep 24, 13
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen