Forum³

Suggestions how to decreace money inflation.

8 replies
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
#1 sell something that you can't get without /gamemode c or something that is very hard to get
#2 a 100k for a week tax for /back command or 10k cost for using /back command
#3 another home for high price (rent-a-home?)
#4 access to something not so useful command as /nick or something like that
#5 if you want more than 15 mk3 collectors or more than 2 mass fabs you'll have to pay tax for them (1-10k every week for 3rd mass fab?)
#6 make a really good xp grinder and charge people 1k or more for warping to it
#7 make stupid suggestions at a Tekkit forum
#8 ????
#9 profit

edit: fixed more than one typo
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Sep 25, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 25, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
the only suggestion I have is to sell mob spawners

something like

friendly spawners[animals, squid, etc] $100k
Hostile spawners[all else] $500k

and charge players 20k/100k to replace/move them[obviously a staff member would have to do this]
Posted Sep 25, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Still thinking of the 'prestige' ranks, best money sink that there is ;p
Posted Sep 25, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Maybe an ability to stay as [Legend+] only if you can pay 10k a day for it and [Legend+] has access to some not so useful command other mortals don't have?
Or maybe /kit legend+ could cost 100k, but it would give something you can't get without /gamemode c
End stone (whitestone?) bottles of enchating etc?
Posted Sep 25, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 25, 13 by Alupark
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
How about one day when the server deducts 5%-20% of each player's /bal every 1-4 months? This could decrease server money drastically.
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Sep 26, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Teleport taxi service.
Ability to tp to any x y z if that isn't claimed.
Limited amount of teleprorts a day (1-5)
Cost for a taxi tp 10k?

P:S. I really am not any good with coding so I really do not know how hard some of these ideas would be to make work, but if you don't mind I'll just throw ideas every once in a while.
Posted Sep 29, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 29, 13 by Alupark
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
These are all good ideas, keep them coming. We're working on something :)
Posted Sep 29, 13
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
My advice: take back the mall.

Have a comprehensive server run store with all items at 120% of the /value price, make interplayer trading and sales informal again. Easiest way to draw cash from an already overfunded economy.

Have tiered stores - an overt, tangible benefit to ranking up. A Member would be allowed access to the member store only, a Gamer to the Gamer and Member stores, an Expert to the Expert, Gamer and Member stores, and so on. Construct the mall in such a way that the store for the next rank is conspicuous, enticing and intriguing, so that every time the players visit the store, they are reminded that ranking up has value beyond the eponymous /kits.

On a related topic, I wanted to repeat my idea of post-Legend ranks, as I think it's been lost in the other thread:
Prometheus_Wept wrote:
After Legend, the ranks split into two streams: Architect and Technician.

Access to each stream must be earned - first by attaining the rank of Legend, then by impressing a staff member with a sizable build or a complex machine respectively. Players (who have reached Legend) can post entries on the website to be reviewed by staff. If a staff member is impressed, and grants the player access to either the architect or technician streams, the player is to pay a one off $2,000,000 rank up fee.

Perks would be relevant to whichever stream the players have chosen. For example, a larger collector/mass fab placement allowance for Technicians and a larger claim block allowance for Architects.

Each stream would have, perhaps, four teirs:

- Architect, Architect+, Architect++, Master Architect
- Technician, Technician+, Technician++, Master Technician

Each tier would have similar requirements. The presentation of a build/machine appropriate for a rank up, and a server cash payment.

Just a thought. I'd be keen to see talented players rewarded for their efforts, and less talented players rewarded for their perseverance.
Posted Oct 1, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Add a value-added tax so if you sell a diamond to someone he will have to pay 128$ for it but you only get 95% - 85% of that money and rest is tax.
Some or most people would start to sell items over the /value price, but this would reduce the money in the system even if you sell something that is 100x the /value price.
Downside is that this could kill player to player trading.

P.S. another downside I just realized is that people would just start using pumpkins or something like that as currency if there is a 25% tax on every payment with $.
Posted Oct 2, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 2, 13 by Alupark
Top Posters
NoticeNotices