+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
I had a thought for this upcoming Halloween. "What if I decorated my mob grinder and invited people for a trick-or-treat this Halloween?" Upon this great thought I had another brilliant idea, "What if the whole server participated?" Two great ideas in one day me thinks! :d

Here's the upshot of what I planned:
What I planned on doing for my personal trick-or-treat was to decorate my building into an abandoned haunted house theme. To get to the treats the player would have to navigate through a small horror maze. Upon reaching the designated treat area the player would type "trick or treat" and the player's random trick-or-treat prize is theirs.

After a few more minutes of planning here is what I propose for a server-wide event;
Tricks and Treats: Seeing as we're not supposed to "give high value items or money away" I think some good items to give away would include cookies, cakes, and a few iron and gold nuggets. These don't add up to much on their own and won't "pollute" the economy. For tricks I think rotten flesh, bones, and spider eyes, are good choices. Again these items are rarely valuable in tekkit.

Player Requirements:
To fit with the theme and fun of the event, participating players will need to
- decorate their buildings with a Halloween theme
- have a convenient place to both teleport and give treats to other players
- have LOTS of cookies, some cakes, minimal iron and gold nuggets for treats as well as minimal rotten flesh, bones, and spider eyes. I planned on giving 3 prizes and organizing the amounts so that each player gets more treats than tricks.
- shutdown big machines that may cause other players lag
- (optional) create a cool Halloween skin, a good one might get you an extra treat. ;-)

Moderator/Admin Duties:
Since not all players have been on the server as long I suggest that the server sell a specific alchemical bag at spawn for a minimum or lower than value price (one per customer) for collecting tricks and treats.

Other Event Details:
The timing for this event should be kept to about 2 hours at the server's busiest time. Other cool details would be an eternal night cycle for these 2 hours with occasional thunderstorms for added effect.

So that's the basics of my mad plan. Now here's your job, comment what you think, like, dislike, or any ideas and suggestions you have. Remember to spread the word! The more the merrier!
CdogNerfinator's Forum Rules:
#1 All posts must have at least one emoticon
#2 When revising a post use the "Edit" feature
#3 Punctuate all sentences
#4 Obey all CdogNerfinator's rules
Posted Oct 12, 13 · OP
Votes:
Head-Moderator
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I like the idea, but the timing may be hard to get right because of lots of different time zones.
Tiger26591
Posted Oct 12, 13
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
I had the same thought, that's why I said for the event to happen during the server's most popular time (when the most people are online). :)
Posted Oct 12, 13 · OP
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I think this would be a cool and fun thing to do,just to mix things um but i do agree with tiger it would be hard because of the variety of time zones.
Posted Oct 13, 13
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Again... Instead of worrying about time zones the trick-or-treat event should be at the server's busiest when the most people are online. Let's read the entire thread next time people. ;-)
Posted Oct 13, 13 · OP
Votes:
Head-Moderator
Citizen
V³ Citizen
The point is that there isnt really one busiest time due to the mentioned reasons
Posted Oct 13, 13
Votes:
+2
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Think some people might not go on the server because their will do the actual thing
Posted Oct 13, 13
Votes:
+2
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Btw crag can I use you mob grinder some day
Posted Oct 13, 13
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
i have a mob farm you can use :3
Posted Oct 13, 13
Votes:
+24
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Donator
Knight
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Please keep this thread on the trick-or-treat proposal.

@Tiger2659
Facts remain that there are more people are on at certain times of the day. If you look at the server stats you would see that the most people are online between 16:00 - 21:00 hours, or 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm. (I assume this is GMT) I've been on the server when there were more than 80 people on and when there were less than 10. Would you rather trick-or-treat at a say 5 different neighborhoods with 50 houses or only at the 10 houses on your own street? More treats or less? :p

@danielhi12
Agreed, other people will be off for the holiday. Again the server's busiest time is the best time because that is when the most people are on to participate.
Posted Oct 13, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 13, 13 by CdogNerfin...
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices