Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
So I'm not allowed to buy a world anchor from a [Royal] with in game money because of....?
I'm willing to pay millions in game money and the [Royal] is selling if the price is right.
I fail to see the logic behind this.
And no I'm not buying more than 1 anchor.
This is kind of two classes of people. The people who have been fortunate enough in life to have a credit card and enough irl $ to donate, and the 2nd class citizens who have to make up their living with in game $.
So what is the point of in game money if you can't use it in anything usefull?
I could be richest player on the server, but there is no point of doing that because game money can't buy 1. world anchor 2. 2nd home 3. /back 4. /nick etc etc

P.S. I would donate to the server if I could, but I can't.
P.P.S Maybe I'll cash in some IC just to annoy MrT and have more $ than he has =)
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Oct 17, 13 · OP
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
The world anchor may only be placed by royals for themselves, not for others + you simply cannot 'buy' a world anchor from them: if they become inactive for a long while we reserve the right to remove the world anchor (we have a db with all world anchor location).

You may disagree, but that is how things are. It is an extra thing for Royals, and for Royals only. You do not need a world anchor to 'win' @ the game you know.
Posted Oct 17, 13
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Other Royals, that have spent their hard earned cash on their rank, would feel hard done by if someone that hadn't donated had the same perks as them.
Posted Oct 17, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Please explain to me why is it different buying stuff with irl money and game money.
Lets just say I want to buy a world anchor from a [Royal] and I will pay him 5mil in game money for that.
That [Royal] could just buy game money with irl money, but me buying a world anchor from him with game money is somehow illegal?
Point is if I'm willing to pay millions in game money and someone who wants millions in game money why not?
You are doing the same thing aka selling game money for irl money.
I know keeping the server up needs irl money, but if someone is willing to trade irl money to game money you should be the last one to judge.

P.S. You sell in game money for irl money. I'm trying to buy irl money benefits with game money and suddenly I'm the bad guy?
Posted Oct 17, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 17, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Don't get this wrong but this server is going to hell in handbasket.
1 month from now in the future you will be asking players 50$ donation if they want to place tubes.
2 months from now in the future you will be asking players to donate irl $.
3 months from now you will try to guess what went wrong and try to fix it.

As I said I love your server, but I have seen too many servers where you have to pay irl money to place items.
I hope this server won't be a server where you have to pay 50 irl dollars to place a macerator.
Posted Oct 17, 13 · OP
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
List me the servers that allow you to place a world anchor without giving any money. Then we'll talk further.

If you really believe what you said about the tubes, then you're at the wrong place here... I never thought you would act like this, but here we are.
Posted Oct 17, 13
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Me and Gecko had many discussions about allowing world anchors for royals, if you remember they were banned until recently (are are still banned on every top server). They produce far too much strain on a server to be freely placed by anyone. Macerators and tubes are different, they don't cause anywhere near the same sort of lag. It would be great if we could unban everything for everyone, but that just wouldn't work. We put a lot of money and effort into the server, I hope you can see why your last message offended us.

If you saved up your money for something and then found that someone else managed to get it for no money, you'd be annoyed right? That's why we limit the use of world anchors to royals.
Posted Oct 17, 13
Top Posters
NoticeNotices