+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Mostly about sub-rank tags in-game.

There are some sites that award users for staying with them for a certain amount of time or when you do certain notable things and/or achieve a milestone.
They mostly use honorary tags that stick in front of your name and/or rank.
I'm wondering if this is implementable here to normal in-game ranks because I do see [Royal] and [Moderator] smashed together.

My idea is that a sub rank is awarded to the player if they did somethings like:
* 25 or 100 event wins will be [Olympic {in-game rank here}],
* 10,000+ hours online total would be maybe [Dedicated {in-game rank here}].
* 100-250 forum posts would be [Chatterbox {in-game rank here}] <-- They have to be legit posts that have to do with the subject in the thread and not spam!!!
* 1 year member of tekkitcubed website would be [The Real {in-game rank here}]
* and a secret tag that people would have to find out that would award them [Easter Bunny {in-game rank here}] the sub-tag is not the clue.

More or less community tags that you can proudly display when you are on the server.
:d :d :d :d :d :d
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Nov 2, 13 · OP · Last edited Nov 2, 13 by Regalien_
List
Undo
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I like that idea! I'll have a think about how it could be done :)
Posted Nov 2, 13
List
Undo
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
/me mansquee!!!!
er....
/me FISTPUMPZ!!!!
:thumb:
Posted Nov 2, 13 · OP
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I like this idea too.
There could be ranks like [Guru] for reaching lvl 100 and [Millionaire] (kind of obvious what that would be for).
Maybe if you are really good builder you could ask a staff member to come and see your build(s) and if staff is impressed you could get [Builder] or [Architect].
If you have x number of enchanted items you could ask for [Enchanter] or [Enchanted].
[High-Roller] for someone who spends a lot of money in short time. And I mean a lot of money like 1mil in a day.
Someone who dies a lot could be [Cursed] or [Unlucky]

P.S. I think [Chatterbox] should be available too if you talk a lot in game chat, but in that case you would have to ask for that prefix and it wouldn't be automagic.

P.P.S. I think none of the prefixes shouldn't be automagic because I would be something like [Cursed High-roller Millionaire Legend]Alupark :d
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Nov 2, 13 · Last edited Nov 2, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+20
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Pro
Tekkit³ Supporter
Captain
V³ Citizen
I really like these. :d Though, I would recommend fewer hours on the 'Dedicated' tag. 10,000 hours would take over 416 days of non-stop playing to get. :( Maybe have different sub-rank tags for time spent on server based on set intervals? Kind of like the normal ranking up?

Also, 'Architect' would definitely be a super awesome tag. :3
Posted Nov 2, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
These tags could be used to punish people that break the server rules too.
For example if I would grief someone my I would be [Griefer]Alupark for 24h.
[Hacker], [Thief], [Scammer] etc etc.
Jail is a good option, but would anyone buy anything from me or sell me anything if I would be [Scammer]Alupark, would anyone /trust me if I would be [Griefer]Alupark or [Thief]Alupark?
Imho that would be more effective punishment than just jailing.
Now the punishment system goes something like warning --> jail --> ban but it could be something like warning --> jail --> jail + [Prefix] --> ban
Posted Nov 2, 13 · Last edited Nov 2, 13 by Alupark
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Think of all the possibilities with these sub tags/ranks. Though my initial intent was pretty much community oriented. Alupark's addition would be great too. Not to mention other unmentioned untapped possibilities.

Chibi, that is why it's [Dedicated {in-game rank here}] 10k+ hrs total means you are dedicated to the server!! Though I would like to add prerequisites to my rank ideas. like 100hrs -> 1k hrs -> 5k hrs -> [Dedicated] :p

These are to be mostly the end sub tag/rank much like [Legend].

BTW, Don't forget to come up with ideas for how to get the [Easter Bunny] Tag!!!
Posted Nov 2, 13 · OP · Last edited Nov 2, 13 by Regalien_
Votes:
+20
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Pro
Tekkit³ Supporter
Captain
V³ Citizen
Still think 10k hours would be a bit much. It would literally take years to get. Even if you play for 10 hours a day, every day, it would be over three years before you'd get that, and even longer if you don't get to play more than say, 10 hours in a full week (which comes to a little over 19 years, I think). You can be incredibly dedicated without spending that much time on the server.

The possibilities with sub-ranks are literally endless. Excellent for a 'warning' punishment, for sure. I definitely wouldn't let someone anywhere near me if they were a 'griefer' or 'thief'.

Sooo many possibilities! :o
Posted Nov 3, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
[Dedicated] could be a tag you get once a month if you are in top 5 in server stats. (Hours played this month.) You also would lose this tag if you weren't in top 5.
[Veteran] or something like that if you have joined the server x months ago and never have been offline more than x days?

I really like this idea because if you have more than 10 [Expert]s online at once chat can get really confusing. And that goes with every rank including [Royal].

P.S. Actually if you have played the most number of hours in the month you should be [No-Life] :d

P.P.S. All the tags could (and should) be in white like [Example-Legend] because we will run out of colors before we run out of ideas.
Posted Nov 3, 13 · Last edited Nov 3, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I like the idea of gving tags to people who have been playing for a long time or for however many days or whatever. It encourages people to play more and for people who have been at certain ranks for a long time it takes some of the monotony out.
Posted Nov 3, 13
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices