Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
These tags could be used to punish people that break the server rules too.
For example if I would grief someone my I would be [Griefer]Alupark for 24h.
[Hacker], [Thief], [Scammer] etc etc.
Jail is a good option, but would anyone buy anything from me or sell me anything if I would be [Scammer]Alupark, would anyone /trust me if I would be [Griefer]Alupark or [Thief]Alupark?
Imho that would be more effective punishment than just jailing.
Now the punishment system goes something like warning --> jail --> ban but it could be something like warning --> jail --> jail + [Prefix] --> ban

This is a good idea I like it.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Nov 3, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Bump.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Nov 3, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
wrote:
These tags could be used to punish people that break the server rules too.
For example if I would grief someone my I would be [Griefer]Alupark for 24h.
[Hacker], [Thief], [Scammer] etc etc.
Jail is a good option, but would anyone buy anything from me or sell me anything if I would be [Scammer]Alupark, would anyone /trust me if I would be [Griefer]Alupark or [Thief]Alupark?
Imho that would be more effective punishment than just jailing.
Now the punishment system goes something like warning --> jail --> ban but it could be something like warning --> jail --> jail + [Prefix] --> ban

This is a good idea I like it.

Well I do not.

Either such people need to be (perm)banned or they should be allowed (after jail time) to play as usual.
Posted Nov 4, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Jail can be anything from 1 min to 24h and the tag could be too.
Let's say you have stolen something, but instead of automagic jail you get to choose if you want to spend 1h in jail or have [Thief] tag for 6h.
Tag could be used as last warning before you get banned or alternative to jail depending what you have done.
Someone who has had [Thief] tag would have to earn trust of other players in the future, and because homo sapiens is a social animal expelling someone from community has always been much worse punishment than shutting them in jail has ever been.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Nov 4, 13 · Last edited Nov 4, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I agree with Gecko, but Alu i do like the idea of putting a tag on someone for a certain time after there jail to let other players know that they have been in jail for whatever reason. I think with a little bit of tweaking and thinking through some more it could be a good idea.
Posted Nov 5, 13
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Maybe there could be someway when trusting someone that this person has griefed/stolen before and give you a warning message and ask you again to make sure you are okay about trusting this person.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Nov 21, 13
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices