14 replies
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
I expect this idea will be shot down fairly quickly, but I did want to float it in any case. I was wondering if there would be some way to allow access to /god for players (or something similar), whether the command be purchased, or part of a rank.

Almost everyone on the server has a custom skin that's an expression of their personality. It would be nice to have some way to show off these skins without fearing death and the loss of precious items. I figure that when folks get to their end game armour wise, they're essentially immortal anyway. The problem is that you end up with a server full of identical players.

There's a few ways this could be implemented. I suppose the most obvious is to give the /god command to donators - perhaps an additional perk for the Royal tier. A better way, I think, is to have a monthly upkeep cost in in-game currency - say, $100,000 per month. It would be a good way to draw cash back to the server (as needs to happen), and encourage people to participate in the economy. It's a luxury item, but very desirable in my opinion.

A few negative aspects to take into account (I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of):
- The effect on players who are joining skyblock, TNTRun, Spleef etc. - I wonder if there is a way to force /god off for these (and reactivate it on exit)...
- The potential for PvP scamming - I'd hope that players would be vigilant to the possibility that they might be opposing a player with /god active. In any case, perhaps there is some way to indicate this visually through tags or name colours, etc.

Please do consider it - I don't imagine it would be a stretch to implement.
Posted Dec 9, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Those with teh rank 'God' What will they do? Help players like a mod?
My teacher picked up a stick.
She said: At the end of this stick, There's an idiot.
I said: Which end.
Posted Dec 9, 13
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
No, it's not a rank. It's a command that confers god mode on a player. Invulnerability. It's already available to staff, I believe; I'm proposing that it be made available to players.
Posted Dec 9, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 9, 13 by Prometheus...
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
God isn't flawless, there are ways to kill us while in godmode.

We can't change the tag above the player' head: it simply isn't possible.
Posted Dec 9, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
You could just do something like me.
I have ring of Arcana and evertide amulet in hotbar.
I don't take any fall damage. I can swim in lava, I can't drown in water, and I don't have pvp on.
I allways fly everywhere I go so only thing that can kill me is a flying creeper and I haven't seen one yet.

P.S. I only wear armor if I tpa to someone who I don't trust or if I'm in the Nether.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 9, 13
Votes:
Expert
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Isn't these good ranks and perks good yet?
I really like them, making more ain't a very good idea...
As alupark said wear all the stuff he mentioned, if you got them of course.
But most of all, I remember The Road Warrior. The man we called "Nick". Their world crumbled. The cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Nick. The warrior Nick. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again...
Posted Dec 9, 13
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
why not just simply ask for a /skin command letting our minecraft player skins show over our armour why bring prices, or ranks, into it?
Posted Dec 9, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
Alupark: the point is not to find a solution for myself. I want to see the skins of other players, in all their variety, rather than a sea of Q and RM armour. I think that'd be a nice thing to have on the server, and it'd be something that no other server (to my knowledge) has considered.

Gecko: If you think /god can be subverted, perhaps its inappropriate. It was a suggestion based on my limited understanding of this command.

Mr_Nelly: I'll be honest, I had no idea that a /skin command existed. That would, of course, be perfect for what I hoped to achieve, if it works as you say! I mention ranks and money in these posts to give the server operators an incentive to implement new commands. It means more work for them, and they need to be able to see the benefit for the server, as well as for the players.

So...

As a revision of my earlier post, can you please look into allowing access to the /skin command to players?
Posted Dec 10, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
Bump...
Posted Jan 7, 14 · OP
Votes:
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Is this about my dolphin skin?, I think we shouldn't have /god because of the abuse that would come with it, I think the /skin That Mr_Nelly suggested is a good idea, but would be really glitchy. If we had /god I feel there would be no fear of death because you can't die. I vote the /skin.
Posted Jan 7, 14
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices