LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Now, I am by now means agreeing with Alupark, who said that we should get rid of everything and restart! That's insane, and besides, many people play this server for fun and the fact that they are rich, and I don't think that they would take kindly to being forced to restart. I propose the owners do this: get rid of every person's data file that's been offline for more than 2 months, unless they've specifically said they were going somewhere to a staff member. That would take care of most of the money problem Alupark stated. Now, the griefed houses all over the server is a little bit harder to tackle, but I propose this: Have every member of staff take a few days, and sweep the server rolling back every griefed house not in a claim they come upon, as well as terrain griefs. I think that this would clean up the server quite nicely, even though it would take a while. Another thing is that the world borders are starting to get filled up agian... every day I find more and more people near me- and I'm right on the edge! So maybe you could expand the world borders another 2.5k blocks? I also think, that while spawn is amazing, it would be cool, now that its been 6 MONTHS of the same spawn (since I've joined) if it were changed, with cooler warps, an admin shop, staff list, rank information, help boards about ilpeek, claiming, donating, etc. Another addition I think would be cool is for the new people to have one of those rooms where a door closes behind them and they can smelt, condense, and craft easily. Another suggestion is to actually make teleport pipes unbanned finally, as they've been banned, again, for 6 MONTHS (temp). Just some suggestions, that while the server won't be reset, it will look 20 times better :d! What do you guys think?
Do a server clean up! :D
8 votes
72.7%
Don't do a server clean up! :(
3 votes
27.3%
Number of voters: 11
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
We clean up what we see, when we can. Also a new spawn would be cool problem is that it can't be to big otherwise new people will just leave when they first join. Teleport pipes are very heavy on the server and we are trying to unban most things! I like your ideas! xD
Posted Dec 11, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Online on Site
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
I know that spawn can't be to big, and I know you clean what you see... I'm just saying close the server down for a day but for staff and do a massive sweep.
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
True, I do see massive holes here and there that go down to bedrock around my property (about 250m from spawn). I agree a cleanup should be in order.
I would like to see something new on the temp ban list too.
Heck i try to claim as much land as i can around my main claim to: 1. clean-up and patch some holes up with my trusty filler and 2. Preserve the natural beauty of the land around spawn.

I support the closed for cleanup and smurf.
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Dec 11, 13 · Last edited Dec 11, 13 by Regalien_
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I can fly around and tear down griefed houses? :)
My teacher picked up a stick.
She said: At the end of this stick, There's an idiot.
I said: Which end.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
wrote:
I can fly around and tear down griefed houses? :)

Don't do that for now. What you may however (already) is 'fix up' griefed houses so they look pretty again.

What I do sometimes is fly around, fix up griefed houses and put them up for 'sale' (ie a sign informing the user to contact an admin)

Maybe you could do the same? :)

ie claim a griefed house, fix it up and put it up for sale :)
Posted Dec 11, 13
NORscout
Votes:
+6
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
V³ Citizen
i have been fixing up some houses i have seen, then kept it, sonce i liked it.. also, maybe make a rule, when u find a place that isnt claimed, do NOT break any blocks, just take whats in chest..
Posted Dec 11, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Maybe you could just give some players a permission to tear down abandoned buildings?
Most of them are griefed and raided.
The rest are wooden buildings that have /kit starter items in a chest.
And by tearing down a building I do not mean that someone would make a huge hole in the place of the building, but removing the building and making the landscape looking natural again.
10 or so players who would do this on this server for a week and there wouldn't be any abandoned houses anywhere.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
And I don't mean this should be automagic right to grief because once in a while you find some house that has nuclear power + forcefield but isn't claimed so using your judgement before removing should be priority #1.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
As I said, do not tear them down. Either report them at the forum, or claim them and 'clean them up' (up, not 'out').

If you 'saved' something pretty, you could ask a moderator to take over the claim (and give you back your claim blocks) to preserve it for the server in general.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Page
of 3
Top Posters
NoticeNotices