Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Now, I am by now means agreeing with Alupark, who said that we should get rid of everything and restart! That's insane, and besides, many people play this server for fun and the fact that they are rich, and I don't think that they would take kindly to being forced to restart. I propose the owners do this: get rid of every person's data file that's been offline for more than 2 months, unless they've specifically said they were going somewhere to a staff member. That would take care of most of the money problem Alupark stated. Now, the griefed houses all over the server is a little bit harder to tackle, but I propose this: Have every member of staff take a few days, and sweep the server rolling back every griefed house not in a claim they come upon, as well as terrain griefs. I think that this would clean up the server quite nicely, even though it would take a while. Another thing is that the world borders are starting to get filled up agian... every day I find more and more people near me- and I'm right on the edge! So maybe you could expand the world borders another 2.5k blocks? I also think, that while spawn is amazing, it would be cool, now that its been 6 MONTHS of the same spawn (since I've joined) if it were changed, with cooler warps, an admin shop, staff list, rank information, help boards about ilpeek, claiming, donating, etc. Another addition I think would be cool is for the new people to have one of those rooms where a door closes behind them and they can smelt, condense, and craft easily. Another suggestion is to actually make teleport pipes unbanned finally, as they've been banned, again, for 6 MONTHS (temp). Just some suggestions, that while the server won't be reset, it will look 20 times better :d! What do you guys think?
Do a server clean up! :D
8 votes
72.7%
Don't do a server clean up! :(
3 votes
27.3%
Number of voters: 11
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
4qn9.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What if i 'clean them up' and the real owner starts playing again. And he wants the house. What should i do?
My teacher picked up a stick.
She said: At the end of this stick, There's an idiot.
I said: Which end.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
well, alupark essentially won the 'game' so of course he'd want something more, not all of us have $10m+, stacks of red matter blocks, and a house made of dm/rm blocks, some of us dont want our accomplishments ruined

as for teleport pipes - i asked thowee and he said he'd look into unbanning them

but no offense, your asking ALOT of the staff, they don't get paid and do this for us/fun.

I wouldnt mind a new spawn, but thats ALOT of work and potentially ALOT of problems could arise =\

just my two cents though

as for what ellemannen said - I think the griefing/raiding rule should be changed in the event of griefed houses, we're not allowed to touch an abandoned/raided/griefed house due to the rules, so theres eyesores everywhere. that and the restricted/banned item list isnt complete and could be explained more as new players still have trouble understanding whats allowed and whats not.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · Last edited Dec 11, 13 by Mr_Nelly
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Even if I don't seem like it I am grateful to the staff for all the work they do.
I'm blunt even when I speak Finnish and translating my thoughts to English doesn't make things any better.
Anyway I still want to keep playing on this server even if "I have won the game" and I still think the staff is doing a great job.
The idea of restart was because there isn't that much to do when you are richest player on the server and practically Invincible even when you aren't wearing any armor.
Maybe there is a way I could keep my claims but lose all my /balance and everything I have built?
A fresh start?
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · Last edited Dec 11, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Actually Gecko once suggested a prestige rank.
That could be something like you have to give up everything if you want it and you have to start from the bottom again.
It would and could be a rank that shows that you aren't that attatched to your materials or /bal.
A [Pilgrim] rank?
"I have given everything to others except my faith for this server."
And before anyone asks I'm atheist irl.

edit: If you would do Prestige rank there could be restrictions like you would only get 10% of the claim blocks per vote and only one diamond per vote.
It could be hard mode for players.
Anyone who would get to [Legend] in that mode is bad ass.
Sorry for the language.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 11, 13 · Last edited Dec 11, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
The clean up would take a very long time and would be very inefficient. What I recommend is to create a new world but also keep the other one, thus letting players keep their builds and letting new players start in a new fresh world.
Posted Dec 11, 13
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Well wouldn't that just lead to the same thing in the long run? Two worlds with each pretty much the same amount of big holes except that world one might have a few more larger holes because it might be considered the"old"world and therefore abandoned?

Just everybody, do their part in the claim and clean business. You might make a hefty profit out of it.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · Last edited Dec 12, 13 by Regalien_
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
regalien check my new post
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · OP
shorey_x $GG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Pro
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Marketeer
Royal Moderator
Royal Pro
Royal Legend
Staff Manager
News Manager
V³ Citizen
so wait am i the only person who uses the mercurial eye to fill in holes with dirt? o.O
Posted Dec 13, 13
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Iridium
Royal
V³ Citizen
Is there a way to identify chunks that have not been loaded for a certain amount of time (like, say, one month)? If so, //regen those chunks. I would be interested to see the effect...
Posted Jan 7, 14 · Last edited Jan 7, 14 by Prometheus...
Page
of 3
Top Posters
NoticeNotices