Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Now, tipiciltom brought up a very excellent idea in my post about a server clean up. He suggested that we keep the old world, for the people, like ellemannen and I, to keep our accomplishments, and still have them, but send all of the new people, and the people like Alupark, who believes that it would be good to restart, to a different, new world. Then the people who really don't like seeing the old world griefed with ugly buildings everywhere could basically start either moving on to the new world, or work in peace on the old world, sweeping the land and 'cleaning up' the houses as Gecko calls it. Now, what I was thinking that people that had been on the server up until the new world's creation could travel back and forth, doing what they will, but not carrying items over, because then there would be a lot of power plays where veterans on the old world would cheat and just go kill everyone on the new one in Gem armor. But then everyone joining from then on would be a part of the new world, and could not travel back. So I'm thinking something like a mini-hub server- veterans on one, newbs on the other, with veterans being able to cross back and forth. What do you guys think?

Edit: I think the old world and the new world should have different staff as well, i.e., make the people who were staff on the old world, split the ones who want to go to the new one, and take them there for staff, and continually add to the new one, but keep the old ones that are still on with all of the veterans.
Create a new world. :D
3 votes
30%
Don't create a new world and keep adding to the pile of messed-up houses. :(
7 votes
70%
Number of voters: 10
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 12, 13 by TheSmurfyG...
List
Undo
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
I like the idea of a world for veterans and a world for new people. Just a couple of questions:
+ If a veteran is determined, do they get a sub-rank? I.e. [Veteran Pro] For easy identification.
+ If a veteran is in the new world,would their credits for collectors be reset? This can promote back and forth interaction between the vets and newbies.
+ If vets go to the new world, is everything going to be reset but their in-game rank? I.e. /bal and bag inventories.
+ After cleanup,would the two worlds be open to all players: both vets and newbies?
+ Would warps like /warp mall be available to both worlds?
+ Can vets be able to set 2 homes in the new world?

*idea*
Reward for most griefed houses claimed and cleaned.
Boost in vote rewards in celebration of event.
Increased chance of random quiz.
Increased chance of random giveaway with higher value items.
Extra perks granted to vets for duration of celebration:
- 2.5%-5% more money when selling IC
- able to place 3 more of each tier of collectors.
- /hat command (pwease?)
- discount in mall shop plots and web store
Keep in mind that the above are ideas and last for the length of how long the owners decide the celebration for a new world lasts except the first point.
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Dec 12, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I don't think credits for placing collectors or money should be transferred from old world to the new one (if one is made).
I'm not the only player who could just buy his stuff back and place 4 powerflowers in the new world in time of minutes, if credits and $ would carry over from old world.
Powerful players would still stay powerful, and noobs would still be noobs so a new world would not level the playing field.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · Last edited Dec 12, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
the poll options are highly biased and any votes cant be counted....

"keep adding to the pile of messed-up houses"
if thats on "no" then "dividing the community to the point of server closure" should be on the yes option.
Posted Dec 12, 13
Votes:
+58
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Mr Nelly, its a joke... they know what I mean.
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
"- /hat command (pwease?)"
Donate.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Dec 14, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Donator
Tekkit³ Supporter
Royal
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
You guys are ignoring the fact on how taxing this will be for the server. In order for this we'd need another 2 worlds and we'd need a bigger server and more money.
Thanks, old friend.
~Former Tekkit Cubed Head Moderator
Still 100% Mad With Power!
Posted Dec 14, 13
List
Undo
Votes:
+6
Pro
Citizen
V³ Citizen
not to mention how much extra time and effort would have to go in, and thowee/gecko/chuck/mrt are already busy enough o.o
Posted Dec 15, 13
Regalien_
Votes:
+16
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Yeah, I guess so. It's so dangerous playing the middle man!
Luckily, my ideas can be applicable to nearly any situation! So how about applying those idea perks for a week during and after the New Year? In celebration of the 2014 New Year?
even_xenomorphs_lke_them_by_wolveshowl2-d5jrasc.png
Posted Dec 15, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
There will not be a new world with a goal to 'replace' the current world. We did such a thing once when we took over the server and are not planning such an event again.
Posted Dec 18, 13
List
Undo
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices