Level 3
LEVEL 3
Legend
Donator
Royal
Mad Hatter
Royal Legend
V³ Citizen
Now, tipiciltom brought up a very excellent idea in my post about a server clean up. He suggested that we keep the old world, for the people, like ellemannen and I, to keep our accomplishments, and still have them, but send all of the new people, and the people like Alupark, who believes that it would be good to restart, to a different, new world. Then the people who really don't like seeing the old world griefed with ugly buildings everywhere could basically start either moving on to the new world, or work in peace on the old world, sweeping the land and 'cleaning up' the houses as Gecko calls it. Now, what I was thinking that people that had been on the server up until the new world's creation could travel back and forth, doing what they will, but not carrying items over, because then there would be a lot of power plays where veterans on the old world would cheat and just go kill everyone on the new one in Gem armor. But then everyone joining from then on would be a part of the new world, and could not travel back. So I'm thinking something like a mini-hub server- veterans on one, newbs on the other, with veterans being able to cross back and forth. What do you guys think?

Edit: I think the old world and the new world should have different staff as well, i.e., make the people who were staff on the old world, split the ones who want to go to the new one, and take them there for staff, and continually add to the new one, but keep the old ones that are still on with all of the veterans.
Create a new world. :D
3 votes
30%
Don't create a new world and keep adding to the pile of messed-up houses. :(
7 votes
70%
Number of voters: 10
Sincerely,
Your secret world leader, Smurf.
Posted Dec 12, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 12, 13 by TheSmurfyG...
List
Undo
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Most of the world near the map edges is just ocean so maybe you could just use world edit and add some islands and/or larger landmasses for people who want a place to build and do not want a dozens of griefed houses near them.
You could also build the islands with mercurial eye, and most mods are royal so they have access to it and could just build these islands.
And before you say "use a filler if you want and island" filler makes square islands at best and that doesn't look natural.
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 18, 13
Gecko1986 a
Votes:
+65
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
Mad Hatter
V³ Citizen
Don't think we'll do the manual island thing. Reason? If we want to clean up and 'regen' the place, you'll have bits of ocean instead of the manual build islands.
Posted Dec 18, 13
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices