Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
Once you reach Legend rank there isn't that much to do.
Maybe if you could or wanted to do one more /rankup it would delete all your claims, all your collector credits and all your $.
Maybe even all your items from your inv.
You would go from [Legend] to [HC-Starter].
Every rankup could cost 10x more and if you want even more hardcore every collector would need 20 votes instead of 2.
I can be really sadistic about these suggestions and one thing you could also do for hc players that they only get $0.10 for every ic they sell.
[HC-Legend] would be someone who has really worked for his rank, and not someone to mess with.
And I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work with donator classes too.
You could be [Royal HC Starter].
You would get all the benefits from being a royal, but you would also get other rank and pressure of getting better ranks [Royal HC Gamer] etc.
Also if these ranks would cost 10x the normal /rankup it would take money out of the system.
And this would have to be optional feature, because you really have to think twice do you want to give everything you have gained in last month (house, rm tools, quantum armor, powerflowers) just so you can do another /rankup.

edit: fixed a typo
It's not the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop.
Posted Dec 19, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 13 by Alupark
Thowee aGG
Gecko's Guardian
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Tekkit³ Supporter
Citizen
V³ Citizen
This is similar to the prestige idea that has come up before. I like these ideas! The first step is to make donation ranks just 'addon' ranks, so we can allow 'Royal Legend' etc. We'll see how this bit goes!
Posted Dec 19, 13
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
So, It's basiclly, It's a reset? Because you lose all your money, all your collector credits, and your rank. :p
My teacher picked up a stick.
She said: At the end of this stick, There's an idiot.
I said: Which end.
Posted Dec 19, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
So, It's basiclly, It's a reset? Because you lose all your money, all your collector credits, and your rank. :p
It would more like "You have completed the game. Would you like to play again with harder difficulty?"
Games like Resident Evil did this same thing very well. You could play the game again in harder difficulty, but because you completed it once you would get some good weapon from the start.
/kit hc-starter could be something like diamond pickaxe. /kit hc-member could be full diamond armor and /kit hc-gamer could be nano armor etc.
Just something to make life more enjoyable but not anything overpowered.
Posted Dec 20, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
Or they can just add more ranks? So you'll get to keep all your items and money that you've been saving for.
Posted Dec 20, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
I don't mean to brag but because I'm richest player on this server atm I could probably /rankup to the new rank limit cap in minutes without breaking a sweat, and then I would have nothing to do again.
These HC or prestige ranks would force you to start again from the bottom.
I love this server, but once you get to a certain point you have literally nothing meaningful to do because you are so overpowered.
You are just killing time and building something weird or doing something pointless like xp grinding.
Posted Dec 20, 13 · OP
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Legend
Citizen
V³ Citizen
But is this something you have to do? Or can you stay in [legend] and keep your money, items etc? Or are you forced to get those HC ranks?
Posted Dec 20, 13
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
This should be optional, but I'm not a server owner so it isn't my call.
It's still highly unlikely that they will force players to play HC mode if they don't want to.
It should and could be something you can do if you want to, but nobody is forcing you to do it.
Posted Dec 20, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 20, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
This is similar to the prestige idea that has come up before. I like these ideas! The first step is to make donation ranks just 'addon' ranks, so we can allow 'Royal Legend' etc. We'll see how this bit goes!
[Royal Hardcore Legend Admin]? Yeah well maybe someone you don't want to make mad. :)
Posted Dec 21, 13 · OP · Last edited Dec 21, 13 by Alupark
Votes:
+43
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Royal
Elite
Royal Elite
V³ Citizen
wrote:
Could we have an update on the status of this?
Something like "will be implemented tomorrow" to "they will release minecraft 3.0 before this is done" is good enough estimate for me.
I know working with plugins isn't easy so I'm just asking if this will be sooner, later or never thing.
Posted Jan 16, 14 · OP
Page
of 2
Top Posters
NoticeNotices