I had a thought for this upcoming Halloween. "What if I decorated my mob grinder and invited people for a trick-or-treat this Halloween?" Upon this great thought I had another brilliant idea, "What if the whole server participated?" Two great ideas in one day me thinks!
Here's the upshot of what I planned:
What I planned on doing for my personal trick-or-treat was to decorate my building into an abandoned haunted house theme. To get to the treats the player would have to navigate through a small horror maze. Upon reaching the designated treat area the player would type "trick or treat" and the player's random trick-or-treat prize is theirs.
After a few more minutes of planning here is what I propose for a server-wide event;
Tricks and Treats: Seeing as we're not supposed to "give high value items or money away" I think some good items to give away would include cookies, cakes, and a few iron and gold nuggets. These don't add up to much on their own and won't "pollute" the economy. For tricks I think rotten flesh, bones, and spider eyes, are good choices. Again these items are rarely valuable in tekkit.
To fit with the theme and fun of the event, participating players will need to
- decorate their buildings with a Halloween theme
- have a convenient place to both teleport and give treats to other players
- have LOTS of cookies, some cakes, minimal iron and gold nuggets for treats as well as minimal rotten flesh, bones, and spider eyes. I planned on giving 3 prizes and organizing the amounts so that each player gets more treats than tricks.
- shutdown big machines that may cause other players lag
- (optional) create a cool Halloween skin, a good one might get you an extra treat.
Since not all players have been on the server as long I suggest that the server sell a specific alchemical bag at spawn for a minimum or lower than value price (one per customer) for collecting tricks and treats.
Other Event Details:
The timing for this event should be kept to about 2 hours at the server's busiest time. Other cool details would be an eternal night cycle for these 2 hours with occasional thunderstorms for added effect.
So that's the basics of my mad plan. Now here's your job, comment what you think, like, dislike, or any ideas and suggestions you have. Remember to spread the word! The more the merrier!